'Built to Perform' is not a tag line or slogan but was the design objective for the Trevor James Renaissance range of brass instruments.
With over 25 years of design experience Trevor James knows how important instrument design is in helping players achieve their musical goals. To this end Trevor James spent several years working closely with brass players and designers to determine the designs and features required to create a range of brass instruments, which will enable players to reach these goals.
With a range of design features unique to the Trevor James Renaissance range of brass, including the new TJ acoustic bell brace, we believe that the Trevor James Renaissance brass range has set a new standard in brass manufacture and design and is clearly ‘Built to Perform’.
"The TJTR8500SP design harks back to the classic tumpet designs of the 20th century with features such as the mount vernon style receiver, the French bead bell rim & accute angled leadpipe to bell stays. This trumpet is bright and zingy in character, with a compact sound at close-quarters and with extra sizzle and shine at a distance"
- Bore size: 0.465” (11.8mm)
- Bell diameter: 4.92” (125mm)
- Bell material: yellow brass
- Finish: bright silver plate
- Valve material: stainless steel
- 1st valve thumb saddle/ fixed 3rd valve ring
- Slides: Cupronickel
- Water keys: x 2
- Double tuning slide braces
- Engraving: Full bell engraving
- TJ acoustic brace
- Case: Backpack style case with TJ logo
- Mouthpiece: Trevor James mouthpiece